Small business spotlight: The hidden gem of Newport Kentucky , Pau Boutique
No matter where I go on vacation I will always search out vintage and thrifting.
Thrifting while traveling is the best way to find those hidden gem spots and chat with amazing people.
I definitely discovered a gem while recently visiting Newport Kentucky on my family reunion.
I came across Pau Boutique in a collective shopping space called Trade in the Newport on the levee shopping mall. I could tell when walking into the space that it was a collective and curated by someone with a great eye for fashion & decor. Everything was set up so well. It was beautifully color coordinated. Unique and painted furniture perfectly displayed vintage treasures. Pau had a nice collection of vintage , high end designer, and pre-loved modern brands. A nice shoe section and my favorite vintage jewelry.
I was able to chat a bit with Paula of Pau Boutique and when you find other secondhand and vintage lovers there's that instant connection. Paula went to school for design and actually started a career in fashion working in corporate . But she didn't like seeing all of the waste and mass production that goes on behind the scenes. So a few years ago she started Pau Boutique. Paula is a sweet person and I could just tell by her smile and excitement that she truly loves what she does.
Pau even had tote bags with original art from a local artist.I loved looking through the curated racks and
I found some amazing pieces to try on. I saw Loewe jeans, Issey Miyake knit top and a stunning
Alice + Olivia blue cross neck jumpsuit. And even though they weren't a perfect fit for me,
I know they will be an amazing find for the right person. She even had a stunning pink leather quilted
MIU MIU bag that has been living in my head rent free for days now. I did get the perfect
souvenir: a beautiful brown stone and gold large pendant statement necklace.
If you are in or around the Newport area I highly recommend stopping in to Pau Boutique .Ifyou live in Cincinnati it's just a quick trip across the bridge. Paula also told me that she is planning
to expand her space and offer menswear. That has gone live and not only does Pau now offer menswear
but also children's too. So there's no excuse the whole family can look fabulous in pre-loved vintage goodies
from Pau Boutique.
Please go follow Pau Boutique
IG @_PAU.BOUTIQUE_



Comments
Post a Comment