CLEFW x MOCA Silent disco. A night of fashion , art & music

 

Hello everyone it's  February and that means its fashion month ( and yes also black history month). And as much as I have NYFW on my list of goals it has not happened yet. But New York isn't the only fashionable place. Personally I think that the  fashion scene in Cleveland is exploding. Yes Cleveland, Ohio ! You heard me right. I was able to attend my first CLEFW event since 2015. Cleveland fashion week is back and better than ever. This is the second year , I believe that CLEFW is under new direction and making a splash.

CLEFW hosted a silent disco at MOCA Cleveland. It was a night of art, fashion and music. The style theme was utilitarian.

 I love a good theme. Taking on the challenge of putting together  a fashionable utilitarian look I accepted  eagerly. My main stand out piece was my Sahara paperbag waist cargo maxi skirt from Something by Sonjia and Monroe Steele collaboration. This skirt was the perfect statement piece. Cargo anything is the perfect utilitarian piece. I kept  it clean with a thrifted  black turtleneck and black velvety newsboy cap. Adding in some glam with my Rocknot rhinestone strap and my structured Brandon Blackwood Bowen bag.  And I continued  the utility feel with  my 2 tone platform utility boots. The make up was dark on the eyes. And I loved every minute of it. 

With 3  different DJs spinning the hottest tracks there was something for everyone's music taste. CLEFW spotlighted 2 local designers for a unique shopping experience. 6th St Vintage and Yellow Cakeshop. Two phenomenal powerhouse female minority-owned brands. 


Tyra from 6th St Vintage has such a creative mind. The way she is able to take army surplus items  and transform them  into a high fashion moment is truly inspiring. She is someone to watch in the vintage and upcycling scene.

Valerie Mayen of  Yellow Cakeshop is a brand I have admired for years. She creates beautiful garments that women want to wear. You can feel comfortable and powerful while wearing her designs. Locally made and crafted last.


This was just the kick off event to CLEFW  the full fashion week schedule will be announced at their upcoming fundraiser. It's their first ever fundraiser brunch. The theme is Breakfast at Tiffany's. As a fashion lover and Audrey Hepburn fan I'm excited to attend this event and see what CLEFW has in store for us all. So stay tuned as I recap CLEFW.  

Comments

Popular Posts