Reflecting on 2024 & looking ahead to the new year.
Hi friends and welcome back to My Taylor'd Closet. Last year I started this blog and I was finally going to stop letting my fear hold me back. Let's catch up, 2024 was an interesting year full of ups and downs. I took January as a time to reflect. I was overwhelmed thinking about what I didn't get accomplished and what goals I didn't meet. However I do have a lot to be proud of.
I've networked and been invited to blogger and fashion events. That included a designer sample sale, fashion shows as well as my first media events. Cleveland fashion week is coming up and I plan to attend as many events as possible. Not only to network and get myself out there as a blogger/content creator but also as an aspiring upcycle fashion designer. I want to share my experience with you all.
I was able to work with some awesome brands and thrift stores. I got to work with VOA thrift again for a store opening. And I had the amazing opportunity to now be a blogger contributor for Goodwill Akron. That was definitely on my list of goals, so I was excited to achieve it. By the end of the year I was able to become a brand Ambassador for my local Clothes Mentor store.
I got recognition not only from local people but brands as well. I was interviewed by Arbela Capas from the Changing Room podcast at the FT Runway over the summer. I always was able to be on an episode of the Get Thrifty podcast. Yet another goal checked off my list. I also got recognized in person by a few people which was kinda cool. It was also so encouraging. You all are so sweet. So if you ever see me out please come say hi.
As far as creating I was able to feel a little closer to my designer goals. I upcycled 2 custom jackets and sold some of my jewelry. 2025 is the year to take it seriously as a business opportunity. But also reignite my passion for creating and see where that takes me as I bring you along on that journey.
I traveled and shopped vintage .I traveled to Nashville for the first time. It was a great trip at the end of summer. Not only did I get to spend time with my sister but she took me vintage and outlet shopping. And my sister hates shopping but she is the only one I know that can find a vintage store with a bar in it or that is next door to a brewery and cafe. It truly was the best of both worlds. I finally got to explore Cleveland more with a trip to Put n Bay which truly is a hidden gem of NEO. I even found a thrift store on the island. I also was finally able to explore Chicago in summer and it's an interesting city. I do plan to go back in a few months so hopefully I can get some thrift and vintage shopping in.
All in all even though I did have some low points I struggled with mental health, and physical health. Having a creative outlet has been a great source of therapy. So I just want to say thank you. Your support has meant so much to me.I'm excited to share my creative journey with you, the good and the bad. I hope you are able to face this year as a fresh start to go after whatever you have your heart set on.

Comments
Post a Comment