Print mix like a fashion Pro ; CPHFW style
It's Fashion month! I wanted to highlight two of my favorite looks seen at last Copenhagen fashion week. From two very fashionable sisters, The Yusufs. I personally love a good print mixed outfit. It's unexpected, fun, and when done right it can be really chic.
They looked stunning in these two looks from Marimekko. The reason it works so well is because it follows 3 guidelines that when adhered to can result in a cohesive print mixed outfit.
Scale,proportion, and color so let's break it down.
SCALE: Nastesha(right) has the perfect balance when it comes to the scale. The print of the black and white floral top is a medium size /small print compared to the skirt. The skirt has a larger graphic print.
PROPORTION: Nastesha has created a great silhouette with the fitted top and her waist is really highlighted by the full flared skirt. I personally love an A-line skirt. It always gives off a feminine and elegant feel. With the bold graphic print it is a nice modern twist on a very classic silhouette.
COLOR: The color scheme of Nastesha is simple but that adds to the chic and overall elegance. However the mostly black , white and neutral color palette is still made fun with the graphic prints of the skirt and top. The black and white in the top matches and pairs well with the similar black and white of the skirt with the nice added tan. The black and white ties it all together and that is carried through to the accessories as well with her bag and shoes.
If you're a color lover like myself, you can still mix bold and colorful prints as well. I think Nuni's (left) outfit is chic, colorful and has a bit of unexpected whimsy to it.
Nuni's outfit also applies the 3 print mix guidelines as well. I love that the sweater vest has an over-sized 2 tone wavy print which is just so fun. The scale is balanced by the smaller floral and graphic print of the mock neck top and midi skirt.
I love the proportions of the long H-line midi skirt paired with the fitted matching mock neck top. The top and skirt have a more fitted silhouette, that's closer to the body. It’s a perfect base for the over-sized long vest to go over.
And like I mentioned earlier I love color, and Nuni's outfit is not lacking in that department.I think the orange and pink is a fun and fresh color combo that's bold . It really makes a statement. Both the vest, top ,and skirt all share similar and matching colors which Nuni continued into her pink bag.
Both sisters complemented their outfits well with accessories. Never forgetting how much the right accessories can enhance any look. Their sunnies were great additions to help pull the whole outfits together.
It's no wonder that brands all over the world are happy to dress these stylish sisters. Their personal style is something that can be perfectly summed up with one word and that is iconic. I have been a fan of the Yusufs for some time and they are always one to watch for all the latest fashion and style inspiration. I know I will be watching them this fashion month waiting to be inspired.
I hope you're inspired to try print mixing yourself. Now is your chance to go for it. Just use the 3 guidelines and you will be print mixing like a pro in no time.
All Images are property of The Yusufs.

Comments
Post a Comment